MADISON, Wis. — Unattended cooking oil is becoming blamed for a next kitchen fire in Madison this week, according to the city’s fireplace department.
The most up-to-date fire took place Wednesday evening at a household in the 2600 block of Waltham Road on the city’s southwest side. In a news release Thursday afternoon, the Madison Hearth Office said a pan of oil on a cooktop started off on hearth right before spreading to a microwave.
Firefighters got to the home about 8:20 p.m. to locate smoke coming from the home’s eaves and front door. As they were about to power their way within, the home owner showed up with keys to let them in.
Crews promptly put out the flames with a water can no injuries had been documented, the fireplace section claimed.
Connected: East Madison cooking oil fire will cause $15K in destruction, displaces 3
On Monday evening, a hearth also caused by unattended cooking oil displaced three individuals from a dwelling on Vernon Avenue on the city’s east aspect. That hearth triggered an approximated $15,000 in harm.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL Rights RESERVED. THIS Substance May possibly NOT BE Printed, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.