Memorial Working day weekend is the excellent time to fire up the grill and in the spirit of getting outside this weekend, Melissa Thorne is serving up some delightful Hawaiian hen skewers.
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (the thick variety)
- 1 tablespoon minced refreshing ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt
- 4 eco-friendly onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs . hen breast, slash into chunk-measurement chunks
- 2 crimson bell peppers, minimize into chunks the dimensions of the hen and pineapple
- One particular 20-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for the grill pan
- Incorporate the teriyaki sauce to a bowl and stir in the ginger, brown sugar, crushed purple pepper, garlic, lime juice, a pinch of salt and fifty percent of the green onions established aside.
- Employing wooden skewers that have been soaked in drinking water for at least an hour, assemble your skewers. Start off with a piece of hen, then increase a piece of bell pepper and a piece pineapple, then repeat until finally you 2 pieces of every on the skewer. Carry on with the remaining elements for a full of 30 skewers. Time the skewers with salt and pepper and brush them with the marinade on a person aspect.
- Warmth a grill pan in excess of medium-significant warmth and brush with olive oil. Set up the skewers on the grill sauce-facet down (in batches if required) and grill for 3 minutes. While the skewers are cooking, brush the tops with the remaining marinade. Just after 3 minutes, flip and prepare dinner the other aspect for an more 3 minutes. Eliminate to a serving platter and garnish with the remaining eco-friendly onions.